At the Women's march

At the Women's march
All Lives Matter

Never Again

Never Again
We Won't Go Back

Monday, June 13, 2011

new book about sexuality for grannies -- and grandpas too

By the time we become grandparents we have reached an age about which discussions of sex are often either patronizing or dismissive. But attaining middle or even old age doesn't mean that we have turned into nonsexual beings. Joan Price’s first book about sex in later life, "Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex after Sixty," talked about the joys of sex at this time of life. After that book was published, Joan received letters from people asking questions about making sex better. And so she wrote her just published new book, “Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex.”

This one is really comprehensive: it doesn’t leave out any subject that's relevant to sexuality for people in midlife and beyond. She and her impressive array of expert contributors cover topics with such expertise and such love for her readers that I as a reader felt well taken care of, with so many answers both to questions I have had and those I never thought of but should have. An abundance of quotes from people aged 50 and over describe their experiences with sex, talk about problems, ask questions, tell what works for them. Much sound practical advice gives resources and solid suggestions. And best of all, the book has heart as well as a healthy dose of lust. This is a book about sex that also talks about love -- which many do not.

Of course Joan Price is up-to-date -- she's on Twitter, she's on Facebook, and she has an award-winning blog about sex and aging: http://www.Naked at Our Age.com

6 comments:

debsdigest.com said...

I might be old fashioned but as a 59 year old grandma I really do get fed up with reading about sex for the elderly. We're all different and surely by the time we become grandparents we know how we feel. If pensioners enjoy sex, fine. If they don't, that's fine too. And really, it's no-one else's business! But there's certainly plenty of money to be made by writing about it.
Love your thought-provoking blog

Joan Price said...

Thank you, Sally! Wonderful review! You really moved me when you said, "...with such expertise and such love for her readers that I as a reader felt well taken care of, with so many answers both to questions I have had and those I never thought of but should have."

That was exactly what I hoped to convey, and you delights me with this insightful and enthusiastic review! I'm grateful that you wanted to share it with your readers.

Joan Price
Author of Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex and Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty.
Join us -- we're talking about ageless sexuality at http://www.NakedAtOurAge.com.

Joan Price said...

Thank you for this super review, Sally! I love this especially: "I as a reader felt well taken care of, with so many answers both to questions I have had and those I never thought of but should have."

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm with your readers!

Joan Price
Author of Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex and Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty
Award-winning blog about sex & aging: http://www.NakedAtOurAge.com

Susan Adcox said...

I don't know where Deb gets her reading material, but I haven't seen much out there about sex for the elderly. Frankly, as you get older, your needs and your sexual abilities change, too, so advice about how to deal with those changes is welcome.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing much information .I get it more..
I really Appreciated to you for sharing this type of book with your readers.Where and how i buy this book?

Joan Price said...

Munir, see my website -- www.joanprice.com -- for order info.